1. Having the flu in October while living in a place with no fall foliage and 90-degree temps is very depressing.
2. The one positive aspect of having the flu is that it knocks you out, so you have no choice but to rest up.
3. The one negative is that it knocks you out, so you have no choice but to rest up.
4. When someone who is always hot gets the flu, massive amounts of sweating occurs. Have back up jammies ready.
5. If you have the standard flu (aches, fever, chills, sweats, sore throat) you’ll need to eat. The good news is that you don’t care at all what you eat as you don’t have an appetite. This is helpful if you find your self unable to move and miss shopping day. Just keep eating random handfuls of things from the pantry when you make your endless cups of tea.
6. You’ll be making endless cups of tea.
7. The two or three days you are bedridden with the flu will be some of the very few days of your life where you care about nothing going on around you.
8. Being alone while sick is both a blessing and a curse. It’s a blessing as it’s quiet and you get the tv all to yourself. The curse is that no one will make you tea, bring you food or listen to you whine.
9. Did I mention the sweating?
10. The flu is kind of like depression in that it sucks all of your energy out of you and leaves you unable to get excited about anything and maybe a bit weepy. Thankfully it only comes around every 3 or 4 years.
Please excuse my absence for the past week, I was at an event at the end of last week and over the weekend and Sunday was struck down with the nasty flu. Of course, the flu is spread through human to human contact. That makes it extremely difficult to avoid getting it, especially when you’re at work or in public places. I’ve heard a few people saying that Hand Sanitizer can help lower the chances of getting the flu because of its ability to kill germs and bacteria that you might have picked up. It’s hard to avoid the flu, but by keeping yourself safe from germs, you should lower your chances of getting it. I hope anyone who is also suffering through it, is doing so quickly!
If you are looking for ways to avoid catching the flu, you might want to get consider getting an immunization or flu shot. One of my friends lives in Colorado and has recommended her general practitioner to me so if you are looking to find a family doctor to immunize your family, you can take a look at my family physicians link here.